One of the most important elements of chiropractic care is diagnostics. Chiropractic radiology is a tool utilized in care as a diagnostic practice to rule out pathology (such as possible tumor or fracture) and/or additional aid to determine where to adjust the spine.
Chiropractors rely on a variety of diagnostic techniques in order to fully understand what is occurring in the patient’s musculoskeletal system, and how a given treatment intervention could bring about positive results in each patient.
Because chiropractic care uses spinal manipulation and other techniques that involve the movement of skeletal components with the hands or with the use of the instrument,
an X-ray can show a chiropractor exactly what is happening in the body in terms of alignment and structure.
It is important to highlight that X-rays are not used universally in chiropractic care. In most patients, the chiropractor is able to determine what is occurring in the musculoskeletal system without the need for imaging technology. X-rays are usually reserved for the more severe cases in which there may be a serious condition present such as scoliosis, osteoporosis, or spinal stenosis.
As a general guideline, X-rays are recommended in the following cases:
• If the patient has sustained a significant traumatic injury, a bone may be broken or a joint may be dislocated.
• If an infection may be causing the patient’s pain
• If any significant disease is suspected, such as cancer or a possible tumor
• If any type of joint disease is suspected, such as arthritis causing joint pain
• If the patient is over age 50 and has experienced any type of trauma (even a minor one)
• For most patients over 65 years of age
• Anyone who has been diagnosed with or who may be at risk for osteoporosis.
• The X-ray may be important to identify or rule out a possible vertebral fracture from osteoporosis.
• Any suspected spinal instability
• If the patient has had long-standing pain that has not responded to or resolved with previous health care treatment
During your appointment, we will determine whether or not x-rays are necessary.
To request an appointment today, please don’t hesitate to contact us at (303) 920-4263
If you’d like to increase your quality of life and revitalize your health… naturally, we have a valuable offer for you!
We provide a FREE consultation for you to determine what is going on and if we can help before you make any financial commitment to treatment. There is NO OBLIGATION!
Schedule your appointment
on our site or by calling our office.
Click below to complete the simple and easy to fill new patient forms.
Save 10-15 minutes at your appointment by completing the new patient forms in advance.
For all insurance questions, please call our office at 303-920-4263
We also accept cash-paying patients.
Dr. Russ Birdsall, D.C
11154 Huron St. Suite 106, Northglenn, CO 80234
Chiropractor Northglenn CO
Monday, Wednesday & Thursday:
8:00 AM – 1:00 PM & 3:00 PM – 6:00 PM
9:00 AM – 1:00 PM & 3:00 PM – 6:00 PM
Walk-ins are Welcome!
© 2023 Northglenn Chiropractic Spine and Injury Center, All Rights Reserved