A recent study in 2015 presented findings that show just how prevalent abnormal spinal health is to the average person without the necessity of pain or symptoms.
In my opinion, this study clearly shines a light on the myth that Chiropractic is mostly only valuable for pain. We know that abnormal spinal biomechanics, labeled subluxation by Chiropractors, can be present in the absence of symptoms. The facts simply show that serious spinal degeneration can be present with no symptoms.
Some of the important findings in the study are as follows:
• 37% of asymptomatic 20 year-olds have disc degeneration. 96% of asymptomatic 80 year-olds have it.
• 30% of asymptomatic 20 year-olds have bulging discs. 84% of asymptomatic 80 year-olds have it.
• 29% of asymptomatic 20 year-olds have disc protrusion (herniated disc). 40% of asymptomatic 80 year-olds have it.
• 19% of asymptomatic 20 year-olds have annular fissure (tear in the tissue filling intervertebral space).
• 29% of asymptomatic 80 year-olds have it.
As far as I’m concerned, this lays a foundation for helping validate the necessity that all infants, children, and adults be checked for subluxation on a regular basis to prevent abnormal spinal biomechanics. Which we know has significant neurological implications!
American Journal of Neuroradiology 2015 Apr;36(4):811-6; Dr. Dan Sullivan The Chiropractic Advocate
If you’d like to increase your quality of life and revitalize your health… naturally, we have a valuable offer for you!
We provide a FREE consultation for you to determine what is going on and if we can help before you make any financial commitment to treatment. There is NO OBLIGATION!
Monday, Wednesday & Thursday:
8:00 AM – 1:00 PM & 3:00 PM – 6:00 PM
9:00 AM – 1:00 PM & 3:00 PM – 6:00 PM
Walk-ins are Welcome!
© 2022 Northglenn Chiropractic Spine and Injury Center, All Rights Reserved